Wednesday 30 June 2021

What have we lost and what have we gained during COVID-19

 Yes another COVID-19 post.  I'm sure you are sick of them. This post will be positive we are all aware of what we have lost in the past year and a bit. Time, money, energy and heaven forbid family and/or friends. This is random as we all had something to say!

  • Gain - time at home. Maybe not everyone has appreciated working from home but I have. I'm getting my work done and also a load of laundry. Seriously. People think you won't work as hard or long but I think we do. There is less office chat with co-workers. Meetings in the hallway and sharing of what our plans are for the weekend.  I don't feel bad putting a load of wash on or running the dishwasher. I have gained a bit more time in the evenings working from home.
  • Lost -time at home.  Okay above had her take on it. Mine is different. I think I am working longer hours as, maybe this is my workplace, seems to think I will answer emails after five. The expectation I'm finding is we seem to be on-call more. So load of laundry or not, I'm rather come to work and walk out the door and mean it.
  • Lipstick - lose or gain you decided. Mask wearing does not lend itself to lipstick. I so don't want to see a stain of pink, blush or red on my mask when I take it off. Someone said the lipstick industry is losing money? I can so see that as I just don't bother. So a lose or gain let me know.
  • Gain - reading.  I have read more during COVID-19.  With less places to go I've started reading more. I used to read all the time when I was younger than life happened. COVID-19 has given me permission to stay home and read.
  • Gain - awareness.  COVID-19 has made me aware of essential services. I mean before this I wouldn't have classified grocery clerks as essential services. But seriously they are! They worked during the whole damn thing. Getting groceries didn't stop during COVID-19.
  •  Gain - crafting.  I found on-line painting tutorials and loving them. The classes run one to two hours so in-depth and a great escape. Not saying they all turn out but have enjoyed doing them and being in the moment.
  • Gain - house. Being home made me more aware of how I spend time in my home. What rooms I use and don't. What rooms I need and don't have. Open concept has been pushed in recent years and yes it lovely seeing the family in the kitchen, dining and living room. COVID-19 not so much. I would have loved having am extra room for school, crafts, office.  Hmm...like a separate dining room maybe?
  • Lost travel. I think this has been major for me as I live for a plane ticket. 2020 and 2021 basically a write off. Plus not sure what travel will look like in the future. Will it be so expensive it will be out of the average person's budget? 
What do you think you have gained or lost because of COVID-19?


No comments:

Post a Comment