We are now into the second full month of summer. Some of us how no idea where June and July went. We were having, not coffee, the other evening and talking about where the days go. Yes we are at work, wishing our lives away for the weekend or summer vacation that comes and goes with a blink of an eye. But besides that what do we have to show for the time we are here? Since we are starting a new month we wanted to have concrete items to show that we did something. Not have another month of “I have no idea where the month went.” “It just flew by”.
At this point out came the phones and lists were made. We decided we would champion each other to complete at least one item on our lists for the month of August. So that when we met in September we could discuss what we did and have concrete items (take pictures). We are checking in weekly to see what was happening and if help is needed. Here are the items we are working on in August.
- Purge/clean linen closet
- Go through toys that are not played with or no longer age appropriate (goodwill)
- Read a book (seriously this had to be put on the list)
- Get to the beach
- Go through pictures on phone and delete, file or send to appropriate people
- Have picture book made up of parents’ anniversary/life together
- Pick pictures out to make 2020 calendar (part of Christmas presents)
- Start a wine journal
- Get to at least two yoga classes
- Clean junk drawer in kitchen
None of these projects are big but a few have been on lists for months and just not making it to top. We picked projects that are doable in a month. Wish us luck! Not that we need it.