Saturday 25 January 2020

Making the most of winter

The holidays are over and we are almost through the first month of the new year.  People are now ready for spring.  At least once a day I hear I can't wait for April to get here.  I'm like WHAT you are willing to wish three or four months of your life away!  Yep. Easily.

For for me is nesting. I read more, clean more and enjoy my home more.  If you are struggling with the colder and shorter days get out whenever you can.  Take a walk at lunch time even around the block. Seriously if you are dressed for it, it usually isn't that cold.  I realize it can be THAT cold but use common sense.

People who ski, skate, curl or do a winter activity seem to have it together. They are enjoying the season and making the most out of it. There are often beginners courses in skating, curling and others. Why not try one? If you don't like it. Don't pursue it, but it would be something different and you never know.

If this isn't appealing treat the colder months as time to nest at home.  To do a good purge, to reflect on what direction you want to head. Take an on-line course? Journal? Read?  Just don't wish your life away it is going quickly enough!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment